On September 7 ANC provincial chairperson and Gauteng premier David Makhura led a house renovation campaign in Teanong Section.
ANC volunteer Sibusiso Banda said the premier was joined by the ANC volunteers in the Thuma Mina campaign.
“The programme was launched in Tembisa this year by the president of the ANC, Cyril Ramaphosa.
“Today the programme focused on renovating Gogo Asian Zwane’s house in number 3 Teanong Section,” said Banda.
In addressing ANC volunteers, premier Makhura said Thuma Mina campaign is about:
• Painting and cleaning crèches and schools.
• Dealing with service delivery problems.
• Working with communities and law enforcement agencies on social problems like drugs and community safety.
• Help people to access social grants and other government services.
• Holding community meetings to discuss and solve problems.
• Establishment of local food gardens.
• Fixing potholes.
• Environmental activities like planting of trees.
“The programme was also blessed by the presence of MMC for Human Settlement in Ekurhuleni Clr Lesiba Mpya, ANC Andrew Mapheto branche’s elections coordinator Eliot Tekane, a member of parliament Ali Tleane and various councillors in ANC Oupa Nkadimeng branch like secretary Thabang Jiyane.
“We thank all the people who made the Thuma Mina in ward 7 a success and we say as part of Thuma Mina in ward 7 we will be offering scholarships on October 10.
“Those who are interested in getting a scholarship may send a WhatsApp message or SMS to 072 994 0327,” said Banda.