Tembisans nabbed for spate of armed robberies

Three Tembisa men, believed to be involved in a spate of armed robberies, were nabbed in Alberton on Wednesday following an undercover sting operation.

Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi, police spokesman, said the suspects, aged 30, 27 and 22, were allegedly involved in a chain of robberies where they would follow victims from banks and rob them at gunpoint.

“A multi-agency crack team spearheaded by the Hawks’ Tactical Operations and backed up by Crime Intelligence, the SAPS Special Task Force, the Gauteng Saturation Team, Pretoria Dog Unit, the SAPS Airwing and Tracker, monitored the suspects’ movements on Wednesday.

“The trio were allegedly seen moving around different shopping malls in and around Johannesburg.  They allegedly decided to drive towards the Alberton area where a decision was taken to take them down,” Mulaudzi said.

The team seized two unlicensed firearms. It was established that the car the men were using was hijacked in Norkem Park earlier this month.  Investigations are still ongoing to link the seized firearms and suspects to other crimes.


Latest News


Next Story x
Parents urged to take part in SGB elections

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:

African Reporter
Benoni City Times
Boksburg Advertiser
Brakpan Herald
Germiston City News
Springs Advertiser

Your details:

Your friends: