Smoke from generator alleged to kill woman

The Tembisa South SAPS and members of the community at the crime scene.

A 29-year-old woman and an employee at one of the shops at Tembisa Plaza died, and another two were admitted to Tembisa Hospital on Monday last week.

The Tembisa South SAPS communication officer, Neldah Sekgobela, said it was alleged that the victims inhaled smoke coming from a generator which exploded at the back of the shop.

“The shop encountered load shedding problems and the generator was used in order for them to carry on with their normal duties. It is believed that the woman went to the bathroom, which was situated next to the generator room, and she never came back. Later the employees inside the shop felt that they were inhaling smoke. They went to check on her, only to find that it was too late,” explained Sekgobela.

Sekgobela said the police opened an inquest docket.

  AUTHOR
Crime News

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
SAPS looking for Tsenelong woman